2022 Selection for 2023 Intake
PFET Program in Trauma Surgery
The annual Selection process for the PFET Program in Trauma Surgery will be governed by Selection Regulations.
Click here to download the 2022 Selection Guidelines for application to the PFET Program in Trauma Surgery.
|Selection opens:||Monday 24 January 2022 at 12:00pm (ADST)|
|Selection closes:||Monday 21 February 2022 at 12:00pm (ADST)|
|Referee Reports sent out:||Monday 28 February 2022|
|Referee Reports due back:||Friday 11 March 2022|
|Notification of Interviews:||Monday 21 March 2022|
|Interviews:||Friday 10 June 2022 via Zoom (times TBC)
Selection Application Form
Selection is now closed. Late applications will not be accepted.
Note: Mac users should print to PDF to ensure that the form saves correctly.
Application and Eligibility
The Post Fellowship Education & Training (PFET) Program in Trauma Surgery is open:
- to suitably qualified trainees who have been awarded Fellowship of the RACS in General Surgery or Orthopaedic Surgery or Vascular Surgery or
- to trainees who have successfully completed the RACS Fellowship Examination in the above listed specialties; or
- to trainees who have enrolled for the May sitting of the RACS Fellowship Examination in the above listed specialties, in the year of application.
Applicants will be interviewed at a time to be confirmed on Friday 10 June 2022 via Zoom. Applications will be considered by the GSA Trauma Training Committee.
Selection of candidates into the PFET Program in Trauma Surgery will be determined by the following selection tools:
- Curriculum Vitae 30%
- Referees Reports 30%
- Interview 40%
The number of offers will be dependent on the availability of accredited positions and may depend on trauma positions becoming available.
Applicants should download the Selection Application Instructions & Payment Form.
All applications must include the following:
- Completed Selection Application form with all relevant attachments
- Proof of successful completion of the Fellowship Examination in General Surgery or Orthopaedic Surgery or Vascular Surgery
- Evidence of enrolment for the May sitting of the RACS Fellowship Examination in General Surgery or Orthopaedic Surgery or Vascular Surgery
- Proof of current and valid medical registration from the applicable Medical Board or Council in Australia or New Zealand (e.g. AHPRA). Australian applicants must have general (unconditional) registration. New Zealand applicants must have general scope or restricted general scope registration in the relevant specialty.
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status in Australia or New Zealand
- Proof of Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Payment of the $550 (inc. GST) registration fee is required prior to applications being considered
During scoring of an application, points will be awarded for the following:
- Experience in General Surgery
- Experience in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Experience in Vascular Surgery
- Experience in Trauma Surgery
- Completion of trauma related courses
- Higher Degrees
- Publications – quality of journals
- Presentations at national or international meetings
- Administrative involvement and organisation skills
- Other activities – leadership qualities
Only shortlisted candidates will be required for the interview.
As per Section 6.2. of the Selection Regulations:
- Applicants must score a combined total score from the CV and Referee Reports of 70% or above to be eligible to proceed to the interview stage. Applicants who do not meet this criteria will be deemed unsuitable and not eligible for an interview. Applicants will be notified accordingly.
For all Selection queries, please contact:
Executive Officer - PFET
P +61 8 8274 3791
E [email protected]